PRIOR TO THE INSTALLATION OF THIS PRODUCT, THE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS MUST BE READ AND COMPLETELY UNDERSTOOD.
PROPER INSTALLATION PROCEDURE BY A QUALIFIED SERVICE TECHNICIAN MUST BE FOLLOWED, AS OUTLINED IN THESE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS. FAILURE TO DO SO COULD RESULT IN PROPERTY DAMAGE, SERIOUS PERSONAL INJURY, OR EVEN DEATH.
SAFETY MEASURES MUST BE PRACTICED AT ALL TIMES DURING THE ASSEMBLY OF THIS PRODUCT. USE PROPER SAFETY EQUIPMENT AND TOOLS FOR THE ASSEMBLY PROCEDURE TO PREVENT PERSONAL INJURY.
GROWUP DOES NOT WARRANT AGAINST DAMAGE CAUSED BY THE USE OF ANY GROWUP PRODUCT FOR PURPOSES OTHER THAN THOSE FOR WHICH IT WAS DESIGNED OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY UNAUTHORIZED ATTACHMENTS OR MODIFICATIONS, AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, SUITS, ACTIONS OR CAUSES OF ACTION OF WHATEVER KIND RESULTING FROM, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY MANNER RELATING TO ANY SUCH USE, ATTACHMENTS OR MODIFICATIONS.
At least two qualified people should perform the assembly procedure. Personal injury and/or property damage can result from dropping or mishandling the Mobile Divider UNO.
Unpacking Your Shipment
- Remove cardboard box and unwrap plastic.
- Set metal panels and roll of backing sheet aside.
- Lift both mobile divider segments off the wood pallet.
- Inspect all elements for any items that may have become damaged during the shipping process. If so, immediately notify GrowUp at Support@GrowUp.Green
1. Attach the top half of the unit
- Place the divider section with wheels, wheels side down on a level surface in the area that it will be displayed.
- Attach the top section of the divider by slotting it into the base section. Ensure that the planter boxes have clipped together
2. Attaching the side panels
- Begin attaching the side panels. 2 of the side panels have a 45 degree angle at one end. These are the high panels and should be connected after the lower sections.
- Secure the panels with the washers and nuts provided.
- Attach the L-bracket to the top of the back of the unit with two screws.
4. Attach top panel
- Attach the top panel, securing it with washers and nuts in the same way as the side panels. Make sure the bracket installed in 5 is at the back.
5. Assemble the LED light
- Remove the plastic from the LED light. Attach the LED panel to the support using the two shortest screws provided.
- Feed the excess wire through the hole and press the wire down into the groove of the support arm so that it is smooth.
6. Attach the light to the unit
- Feed the wire from the light through the hole in the top of the unit.
- Align the end of the arm up on the top of the unit so that the screws go through the pre-drilled holes in the support arm.
- Secure the light fixture tightly to the unit using the supplied nuts and a #6 wrench or socket.
7. Secure the light wires
- Secure the wire from the light to the back of the unit using the white ties already attached to the back of the unit. Bring the wire all the way down to the bottom of the unit and through the gap into the base. You may need to push the tray in the base forward so that the wire can pass through.
- Connect the wire to the corresponding color wire in the base. Wires must only be connected to other wires with the corresponding color to prevent damage to the system.
8. Attach the biofilter fans
- Attach the fans to the back of the unit. The fans should point upwards with the square piece fitted through the square holes in the top panel. Secure each fan with two screws.
- Secure the fan wires with the same white ties used for the light fixture. Bring the fan wire down the unit in the same way, pulling it through into the base.
- Connect the wire to its corresponding color wire in the base.
9. Irrigation pipe
- Connect the irrigation pipe to the corresponding pipe in the base. The irrigation pipe is secured with a strong push. If the pipe is not secured correctly, the system may leak. Check all fittings are tight as some may become loose during shipping.
- Ensure there are no creases in any of the irrigation pipes.
- Place the sponge on the left side of the tray in the base covering the drain hole.
10. Perform operations tests
- Perform an operations test to ensure everything is running smoothly. Plug the unit into a power source. Open the control box.
- Press each button to supply power. CH1 is LED, CH2 is the water pump, CH3 is the UV sterilizer (Optional) and CH4 is the biofilter fans.
11. Connect the back panel
- Remove the protective film. Hang the panel on the two screws in the top corners of the unit. Secure the panel with the magnetic strips included.
12. Fill the water tank
- Before filling the water tank for the first time ensure the drain is closed.
- Fill the water tank. The water tank holds around 80 liters (20 gallons) of water. Fill the tank and then run the water pump for 10 minutes. You can check that there is water in the bottom left tray before switching the pump off.
13. Prepare your plants
- Prepare your 4 inch plants: Using a flat screwdriver, push one end of a wick into the bottom of a plant pot. You want to push the string in a couple of inches so that it reaches the roots of the plant.
- Place the potted plant with the wick inserted into a hexagonal pot on the unit. Make sure the wick goes down into the water tray at the bottom of the unit’s pot.
14. Moisture sensor
- Place the moisture sensor into 1 plant near the middle of the wall and make sure it is functioning correctly. (See instructions here). If you do not have a moisture sensor check the moisture in a few plants by sticking your finger into the soil. The plants should be reasonably dry before watering again.
Option 1 - Using the free mobile app
Note: to use the mobile app your phone and the Greenwall will have to be able to access a 2.4GHz network. Many wifi routers are set up on the 5GHz frequency and the Greenwall will not be able to connect to the 5Ghz network. Note that this is only required during setup.
Connect the unit to the WiFi controlling app.
- Download the eWeLink app and register as a user.
- To connect the app to the WiFi device, open the control box and press and hold any button for more than 5 seconds. The LED signal light will flash quickly.
- The phone connecting to the unit should be connected to WiFi with 2.4GHz, NOT 5GHz.
- On the mobile app, pair the device with the WiFi device in the unit.
- App setup: Once your device is connected to the unit, change the channel names in the app settings. Channel 1 is LED, Channel 2 is the water pump, Channel 3 is UV O2 (optional) and Channel 4 is the bio filter fans (optional).
You are now able to set the timer for each Channel.
- Set the time for LED to 9 hours.
- The timer should not be set for the water pump as the water pump should be run only when the plants require water..
- The UV sterilizer should be timed for one hour before the water pump is turned on and for one hour after the water pump is turned off.
- Lastly, we recommend setting the biofilter fans to run while the lights are on.
- Test out the app controls by turning each channel on and off after you have set up the automations.
Option 2 - Not using the mobile App
- Use a timer similar to this one on the wall socket where the Greenwall will be plugged in.
- Set the timer to have the lights on for between 9 and 12 hours per day.
- Switch the water pump on by pressing the button on CH2. You will hear the pump running. Switch the water off the same way when watering is complete.
It is important when selecting plants to ensure that they have
similar water and light requirements. There are several
guides of plants we have successfully used together in the
past on the resource page on our website:
https://www.growup.green/resources or click the image to
download our indoor plant guide.
Plant pot Size
A standard 4" nursery pot is the best fit for the system.
You may find your plants sold in taller or slightly wider pots. While these may fit the system, if they don't you can but 4" pots online and easily transplant if necessary.
Black pot are our recommended option, if available.
Maintenance Instruction Manual
Weekly Maintenance Checklist
- Inspect for bugs or pests
- Are any specific plants growing too fast and shading other plants, if so, swap them moving the larger plant down and smaller plant above.
- Check the level of the water in the water tank and add up to the maximum level with fresh water.
- If the wall is all looking good check the moisture in a selection of plants using the GrowUp moisture sensor..
- If the plants require watering, turn the watering system on and let it run for at least 10 minutes. Check the bottom left tray has about a ¼” of water in it.
- Remove any brown leaves and trim/prune plants of any excess growth. Keeping the plants tight and neat leads to healthier plants.
- Replace any plants that have not done well and need remedial action. Plants are growing organisms and a certain amount of attrition is expected.
TroubleshootingIf there are dry plants or sections of the wall that are not doing as well as others:
- Check that the plants have enough soil and have not become rootbound
- Check that the plant tray is full of water after running the pump. If it isn't, check that the emitters are working and check for blockages in the tray above the problem tray.
- There is enough light to keep them healthy.
- Check if any plants are being denied light by plants above them in the wall. This is common and an important design consideration as the plants starved of light may not do well.
- Review the wall for any signs of pests or disease. If you note any issues, discuss them promptly with an area plant specialist. Any pests or disease can spread quickly through a living wall
GrowUp intends to make this manual accurate and complete. However, GrowUp makes no claim that the information contained herein covers all details, conditions or variations, nor does it provide for every possible contingency in connection with the installation or use of this product. The information contained in this document is subject to change without notice or obligation of any kind. GrowUp makes no representation of warranty, expressed or implied, regarding the information contained herein. GrowUp assumes no responsibility for accuracy, completeness or sufficiency of the information contained in this document.